Tuesday, September 23, 2003

time passing

Circumstances beyond my control have kept me off the 'net for a few days...
But I did finish the stitching on my scissor case. Sat on the front porch in the sun on Sunday morning drying my hair naturally and did the plait stitching that anchors the ribbon. We are supposed to be finishing this piece at October's meeting. But I may just assemble it on my own. Directions seem fairly straightforward.

Recently picked up my "Home of the Free" by Twisted Threads. This over one piece is stitched on 28 ct Riviera Gingham, a cream/blue linen by Graziano. My house is done, and I've started on the lettering. I did change the threads on this one, and am working with Needlepoint Silks. The picture on the Twisted Threads website does not do it justice. I am trying to decide how to frame this piece. I am not fond of how they did it on the chart...

No comments: