Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Boy Child

My younger is now officially 16. That means it was nearly 16 years ago that we left Germany to return to the states. We were just waiting for him to be born. Of course, I went 2 1/2 weeks past my due date. Felt like forever. And there's is nothing like moving from one continent to another with a newborn and an almost 2 year old sister. What were we thinking????

At our house we have a tradition. Tell mom what you want for your birthday dinner, and I'll make it. But this year we owe him one trip to the CIA for dinner, so he went easy on me.
Italian wedding soup and fancied up grilled cheese. And a maple syrup cake. LOL

I didn't have a recipe for a maple cake so I created one. Took a basic butter cake and changed things. Recipe needs a little work as the cake was a little bit heavy. But when kids walked in after school they accused me of cooking pancakes. So at least it smelled right. The frosting was most excellent. But all in all, it's a bit much. LOL I can't believe you can overdo maple, but you can!

No comments: