Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Year in Review

Gakked from Erin Expounds: Instructions: take the first sentence (or 2) from the first post of each month of 2005. That's your year in review.

January: So it's 2005. For the past 18 years I knew this would be a memorable year for my family as our DD will be graduated in June. Where has the time gone?

February: I realize that more than a few people seem to have a deep dislike for this month of the year. But I love it.

March: Now here I was congratulating myself and all on not getting that cold that passed through my house 3 weeks and wham! Now I've got it or another horrible version of it.

April: The last 2 times I tried to post, blogspot ate my entry.

May: Anyone who goes into the City needs to check out Strand Used Books - Strand Bookstore: 18 miles of Used Books, New Books, Rare Books and Out of Print Books

June: haven't died
am still very much alive
no free time
o stitching time
may be losing sanity...
In 3 weeks the packers will be loading our boxes and furniture onto a big truck...

July: Shucks. I'm working on quite the tan. Yeah - I know all about skin cancer. No lectures necessary.

August: When last you heard from me, I was about to get into a fully-loaded car with 2 teenagers and 2 cats and drive for 10 hours.

September: Katrina was a natural disaster. What happened after is a human tragedy.

October: Guess what comes out on DVD today? My darling daughter's favorite movie (when she was 3!) - this refers to Cinderella

November: As I sit here typing, the color outside the window continues to gain in intensity. The majority of the leaves have turned yellow and the sunlight is filtering through them to the forest floor in a beautfiful golden haze.

December: Hmm. I'm reminded of a song by Jem -
Who made up all the rules
We follow them like fools
Believe them to be true
Don't care to think them through

Huh. That was interesting.

No comments: