Tuesday, June 27, 2006

coffee

Now I know why Starbucks started in Seattle. It won't stop raining here and all I can think of is coffee.

This is why I don't live in the tropics. Wave after wave of downpours. Intermittent sunshine that jacks the temperature up and leaves everything steaming.

We did get to the Beer Fest at Old Dominion on Saturday - before the worst of the rain started. Had a good time. Went with some friends and then came back to the house in time to see the Red Sox beat Philly. Then we grilled some steaks, etc.

Off to make my lists for what needs to be done and what needs to be packed before leaving on Thursday. NH, here we come. Again. And we're bringing the fat cat. 'Cause MIL requested his presence and she had her bad boy put to sleep last fall after a full and active life and I can't say no.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Tell me about this effing rain. I have the *worst* sinus headache. I'm completely useless.

Say hi to the Granite State for me. (I'll be up in 2 weeks, but headed, ultimately, for Maine.)