Friday, March 16, 2007

stitching bloggers' qotw 3/16

If you had $500 to spend on stitching-related items, what would you buy?

There's so much I don't need having a full and bountious stash. I think I'd go for classes at an EGA seminar.

Darn Cold

Please. I'd like to sleep through the night. The throat thing is now moving down into the chest. Cough, cough. Ah misery.

Poseidon

Went to my LNS Thursday morning stitch-in and got in several solid hours of work. I may really hate the color green when this is finished. But so far I'm good. Bought the Crystal Lagoon fabric for Ocean's Daughter by Who Knew? It's very bright, but matches the Crescent Colours Bejeweled floss perfectly. This morning I think I'll see if there's enough fabric to stitch this twice. I'd love to surprise someone with a shop model. Only problem is - this fabric is 32 ct Belfast and once dyed, the fibers swell. The holes are not very obvious. Going to be some tight stitching.

Also bought Helen Stevens embroidery book about birds. I don't have all her books, but I've got several. It's a joy just to look at them. But I'd really like to try planning out a project based on her stuff.

No comments: