Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Stitch N Pitch Redux

Here's what I found this morning about Stitch N Pitch at RFK.

From the end of Dan Steinberg's Washington Post Sportsblog:


I even saw at least one man with knitting tools in hand. But mostly, the needle artists up in the 500 level on this particular night were women, and they loved what they were doing.

"It's cheaper than therapy," explained Donna XXXX of Reston, who was cross-stitching a Norwegian ornament that she planned to use on her Christmas tree. "It takes your blood pressure down."

"She just got me into it, and she's right about the blood pressure thing; it really calms you down," agreed daughter Rachel, who was cross-stitching a tree that spelled out the word "Dream."

In between Rachel and Donna was the family dad, David XXXX, who, stick in the mud that he is, was just sitting there watching the ball game. He said he doesn't cross-stitch. I asked how he controls his blood pressure.

"I smoke cigars," he said.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Cute. And there was no mention of old ladies!

Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! You're in the paper!!!!

I wish our teams would do stitch-n-pitch nights. But neither one is partcipating. Course, I turn it into SNP whenever I go anyway... :)