Saturday, November 10, 2007

Process, not Fruition

Anna over at the Stitch Bitch is taking a little poll on how many finished, but "unfinished" projects we all have.

I admit to more than 41. FUFOs. That Finished, but Unframed Objects? or is it something else? But I digress.

Yes. For me, stitching is all about the process of stitching, of seeing that design bloom under your fingers. But the actual "finishing" leaves me cold. I love a finished piece after I accomplish the finishing, but with more than 41 waiting to be finished, I'll admit to a definite problem with the act of finishing.

Okay. That's more than enough of the "f" word for today.

Glad I'm not alone with this problem. And I'm willing to hand the crown to Nicole with 90 pieces awaiting final disposal.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I didn't invent FUFO, I can't remember where I heard it first. It's Finished UnFinished Objects. If it were up to me they'd be called CUFOs, Completed but UnFinished Objects.