Saturday, February 09, 2008

My Opinion on Colorwash Silks

Colorwash is a 12-ply silk by Glissen Gloss from Japan. Thinner than I'm used to working with, but I've just taken to using 3 plies instead of 2 and this stuff is so smooth. I'm loving it. I've made some progress on Indigo Rose's "Catherine Agnes." So I may as well declare this to be the year of Agnes.

Our EGA chapter is hosting a class with Catherine Strickler of Indigo Rose this summer and I'm planning on taking it. It'll be fun to show her a slightly different color choice.

In other Woodlawn news - I don't think I stopped to sing the praises of a certain 80 friend of mine who brought three pieces into the shop last week. Two of them I watched her work on - a crewel bellpull and matching stool. Both amazing. But it's the third piece that's the stunner. A huge piece from a kit of a white heron in a tree surrounded by purple flowers. It's absolutely gorgeous. I meant to ask her if I could take a picture and post it here, but now that will have to wait as she's gone off on a cruise with her sister.

No comments: