Monday, May 05, 2008

My Brain Has Been Turned to Mush

I had a lovely time in NH as usual.

Unfortunately this year they closed Yankee Cross Stitch completely in order to be a presence at Celebrations of Needlework in Nashua. I wanted to attend this year, but had to keep my scheduling flexible due to college kids with athletics on their schedules.

On Friday I took my sister to the Peabody Essex Museum. It was our first visit to the PEM and we were both impressed. They had a lovely exhibit called "Wedded Bliss" where I tried to point out the exquisite stitching on the rolled hem of the train and set off an alarm. Too funny. I was just pointing and my hand was still more than a foot and half from the dress, but I broke some barrier. That totally delighted my sister. Two guards came running and everything. LOL

I bought a copy of the PEM's book - "Painted with Thread" - that was published in 2000. And a signed copy of Kaffe Fassett's "Glorious Inspiration for Needlepoint and Knitting." This book was recommend by the teacher when I took a paint your own canvas class. Both great additions to my library.

Didn't get much stitching done as it was more fun to sit and talk while watching the Red Sox play.
Got to Worcester yesterday morning just in time to see my DD's crew shell launch and the skies totally opened up with a downpour. We left after her race, packed up the car (I'm still not sure how we fit all that stuff in there. I didn't have much of a view out the back window.) and left for Virginia.

We decided to stop at our favorite deli in CT and while walking in I recognized two wonderful ladies from NY, one of whom invited me to attend my first EGA meeting in NY back in 2002 with the Mid-Hudson EGA chapter. They were returning from Celebrations and it was terrific to sit and talk and catch up during lunch.

I'm sure there's more, but I woke up with a headache and this is getting difficult. Time to go seek out medication.

No comments: