Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not to Whine

But this morning the toaster doesn't seem to be working. It's a stupid toaster oven and I won't mind replacing it with a regular toaster. It's the DS who is the major user of the toaster oven part and when he left last year I threatened to replace this piece of equipment. I think he was surprised the first time he came home and I hadn't.

All I wanted was the Geico's gecko's special - a warm muffin with butter and jam. Ooh, tasty.

So I split the darn English muffin and buttered it and used a frying pan. Now I've got a pan to clean, but it is tasty.

They play this darn advertisement on my local traffic and weather radio station and it makes me want one every time I hear it. A total dramatization. Too bad I can't type in accents.

And thanks to the latest Rachael Ray magazine I remembered someone that I hadn't thought of since probably 1985. My DH and I listened to WBCN in Boston a lot the first year we were married. We even used to record Mishagash because it was so hysterical some days. But the person RR made me think of was the Cosmic Muffin, Darrell Martinie, who did an astrological bit on the radio. I was sad to google him and find out he'd passed away 2 years ago. Here's to the Muffin and his closing line - "It is a wise person who rules the stars, a fool who is ruled by them - Over and out."

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I remember the cosmic muffin; I listened to BCN too. For me, a grilled English muffin is way better than toasting. When I was little, my mom would sometimes take me to the Puritan Diner or Friendly's and we'd have grilled English muffins and chocolate milk shakes. MMmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

We get that commercial too, and I totally heard the accent when I read this post LOL