Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beware of Sharp Needles

Now I remember why I don't usually play with sharp needles. Because eventually I will wound myself.

I was stitching right along on my inner ring of petals on my crewel piece and somehow managed to jam that needle under my thumbnail. Ouch. So much for stitching and Jeopardy watching. As it was bleeding I decided to put the stitching down rather than risk blood stains. The Tudor Rose should get finished today if the wrapped part doesn't take too long.

Now if I could find my battery charger for my camera, I would post a photo. Have I seen it since we returned from North Carolina? I think so. But it apparently didn't get returned to its proper spot.

I had a shopping cart hanging out at Nordic Needle waiting for me to go through it and edit and finally pay for it. I've got some Hardanger fabric coming that I think will work better for my Correspondence Course. At least I hope it works better than what I have. Otherwise I'm going to have to rethink this entirely. I included some miscellaneous sale stuff in my order and now I don't want to wait to receive it all.

Also ordered Jane Nicholas' Medieval Floral Stumpwork book from Amazon. My needlework library is growing. Soon I may have to impose limits. No new books without donating an old book. (That's what I do with my cookbooks. Otherwise I'd have way too many.) I've got storage issues. There are seven large bookcases in this house already. And I don't have room for more. I know I've got many older needlepoint books from the 70s that I will never use. But it was fun collecting them.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Ouch! That sounds like something I would do. Sigh. Hope your hand mends soon.