Wednesday, January 06, 2010

UFO # 6



This project is barely started. I believe I purchased this sometime between 2000 and 2002 when I lived in Falls Church, VA. If I had receipts dating back that far, I could prove my hunch that I bought it from Jan at the Scarlet Thread in Fairfax. Miss the Scarlet Thread in its different incarnations...

This is a brooch from Of Female Worth. Worked over one on linen with silks. (I can see now that I need to write down details when I take photos. I would go and look but the projects are two stories above me and I am lazy.)

I believe we will see time and time again that I have abandoned over one projects. You might think this is an issue with aging eyes. But no. Not really. I'll be turning 50 next month and still stitch without glasses or magnification as long as I have decent lighting and I am not tired.

Do I intend to finish this? Yes. As a matter of fact, I may take this one to London with me.

In Other News:

Remember how I joined the Loudoun Sampler Guild back in November? Today I'm thrilled to find that this blog is on their list of Needlework Blogs Recommended by LSG Members. As a matter of fact, I see quite a few familiar names on this list. Maybe someday if I break a leg or something requiring extended periods of inactivity, I'll attempt a list of stitching bloggers broken down by categories: counted work, surface embroidery, canvas work, maybe beading? What a project this would be. Nah. Forget it. I'm too busy. LOL

No comments: