Sunday, August 15, 2010

That Question

The other night while eating dinner, my DH taking note of Stars on the sideboard and Constantinople on the table, asked me that dreaded question:  how many projects are you working on? 

I know I had the deer in headlights look on my face because he clarified his question when I didn't immediately respond. 

No. Not how many projects have you ever started that are not finished. How many things would you say you are working on right now. 

Phew. 

That's a much smaller number. I explained that I was about to put Stars away. Constantinople would be finished in a day or two. And I was also working on my Love and Live Quaker and thinking about my friendship sampler piece. 

If I had to answer that question today, the answer would be:

Nancy Williams "Frosted Berries," a stumpwork piece that I put down two or three months ago. Live and Love Quaker. Friendship sampler - I finally have all the threads and will proceed to knock this out over the next week. And I should be working on my Luan Callery stumpwork also. 

In the middle of my many projects, did I start something new? Yup. A Fern Ridge kit, Knautical Knots. And the hand painted canvases are truly calling to me. But I shouldn't start a new one until Ravish Me is done and off to the finishers. 

And that's where we stand today. Or sit. Preferably with needle in hand.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I love that your husband clarified the question that way. He gets it, obviously. :)