Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Finally Framing

I have a feeling that I could look back on this blog to find out when I stitched this piece. I'm going to guess 2005 or 2006. I just framed it this year.

It's no secret around here that some of us needleworkers love our framers at Total Framing. I've slowly been digging into my finished, but unframed box. And bringing things to them for their transformation. If you're in the area of northern Virginia, go see them at either location, Fairfax or Chantilly. I've been really  happy with everything they've framed for me and my friends.

I believe this is a Bent Creek piece that originally said Long Winter. Which just seemed like a bad idea to me so I changed the words. I may have freely substituted threads and fabric. I honestly don't remember.

And I love this reclaimed wood frame. Sets it off perfectly.

2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

It's lovely!

Karen said...

Very nice! I love Total Framing.