Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A Little Fun

 I have these canvases that I inherited from a friend. I have a few of her works in progress that she didn't get to finish. So I will finish these for her. Because it would make her happy to know someone got joy from what she got joy from. 

So this is the back so you can see that all she had done was the start of the bow.
 I looked at the threads in the bag and decided I needed a darker pearl cotton to go with the overdyed pearl on the bow. By the way, this is a Kathy Shenkel design that has a little felt dolphin that will go in the stocking. These designs are adorable. And kind of addicting.

I slowly started figuring out what to do with her thread choices when I decided that none of the stitches I was trying to do for the dolphin were working. My brain kept telling me packed stem stitch. But my thread was a bit heavy for that. Well, fortunately for me, the House of Embroidery was at the Fredericksburg Quilt Show so I bought some overdyed gray #8 pearl cottons. That's more like it. 

Hope JoAnn likes it. 

1 comment:

Sara Leigh said...

She would love it!