Sunday, November 22, 2020

UFO Alert


 Catherine Agnes. She's been occupying space in my head since 2005.

And for some reason this morning she surfaced in my thoughts. 

I knew right where she was. Safe in her project box along with needles, Q-snaps, and the threads I had picked.

I bought her via mail order in 2005. Received the chart. And started collecting the threads. Promptly fell into a funk because the called for threads were so much paler than the photograph.

Took me forever to collect threads that met my approval. And I started this wonderful Indigo Rose design. 

But I put her down maybe 10+ years ago.

And now I know so much more. When I started this, half these stitches were new to me. Now, detached buttonhole, buttonhole bars, it's all familiar. I guess she was just waiting for me to catch up. 

So I put in some stitching on her today and she's now a WIP again and not a UFO! 

No comments: