Friday, July 01, 2022

Waves of Stitching

 Mid-June saw a return to normal in which the Mid-Atlantic Region of the EGA met finally for a regional seminar in Norfolk, Virginia.

I took two classes. And today I'm going to talk about my second class, Starry, Starry Night Kimono by Toni Gerdes.

This was my 3rd or 4th class in person with Toni. I love that she is such a calm, low key teacher. I never feel any pressure in her classes. And I know that her directions are complete and well-written that I can complete the project with relative ease.


Here are the threads and the line drawn canvas. 

I have the Macintosh, Wright, and Klimt kimonos all started. 

But the Van Gogh is really calling me. 

Here's a photo of the point at which I have 10 meters of overdyed Kreinik braid completed. Another 20 meters in the kit. 




2 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

That looks lovely! I have taken a class with Toni (the project's still waiting to be finished) and really enjoyed it and her teaching style. I love the kimono designs, but would have to have them as rectangles.

Donna said...

The problem with rectangles as I see it, there's more stitching!