Tuesday, November 01, 2022

Sewing Wild Oats




 Last week I went to my guild's retreat for the first time since 2019.

We hold this at Graves Mountain Lodge in Syria, Virginia. Where the views are terrific and the food is incomparable. 

We were a small, but dedicated band of stitchers.

I started and finished a Lindy Stitches design. Worked on a painted canvas. Started a small painted canvas and put in a few stitches on a Mill Hill kit.

It felt so good to be back. The lodge has upgraded the wifi and made improvements to the rooms. But Margie is still in charge of the kitchen, though she's talking about scaling back. 

We'll be going back next year. And I am planning on being there. 


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my goodness, you were in my backyard for your retreat. What a beautiful time of year to stay at Graves!

Donna said...

It was simply gorgeous this year. Last year I didn't attend and they sat there stitching watching the river rise over the road.

Robin in Virginia said...

It was a gorgeous weekend while you were here. Had it been earlier, it would have been still very green. Graves is about 25 minutes from me.