Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas

 In 20 years of married life in the Army, my husband and I were never apart on Christmas Day. Welcome to 2023 when for the first time ever, we are apart. He’s with our daughter at our son’s house. And I stayed home to keep the peace with the cats. So far, it’s working. No disasters, no fights. And when I finish up here, I’ll go cook myself a little prime rib roast. 



Yesterday’s activity involved my Lindy Stitches Bird Crush Club. I’ve stitched two out of twelve. And last week I finally pulled all the threads for the ten remaining. That meant it was time to match fibers to fabrics. I will admit that my fabric stash may have doubled during the pandemic. It took me two hours and I didn’t even go into my second or third drawer. What I did think was funny is that I kitted five of these with bits of Crossed Wing linen that I had purchased when the Scarlet Thread closed. I have a couple of ornament sized pieces left. But she did make beautiful fabric to stitch birds on!

No photos of that process. I was juggling in too small a space. But here’s today’s project.


Last year I started this at Camp Wannastitch. Another, erm, older project courtesy of Sara Leigh. 


No comments: