Thursday, March 11, 2004

New Project

Why is it that when you hit a wall and don't feel like stitching, you can pick up a new project and feel invigorated?

Last night at EGA, I was planning on stitching on my over one brooch, but I had a sneaking suspicion when last I put it down, that I had miscounted. So when I pulled it out of my stitching tote last night, I didn't even want to look at it. I had fortunately at the last minute included a zipper kit by Bent Creek in my bag. So off I went stitching with perle cotton over 18ct and it moves along so quickly. By the end of the night, I even felt well enough to check my brooch for my mistake - and yup it's there. Now I have no intention of frogging 30 or so stitches of silk over one on 40 ct. But because I had a drastic mood shift, I managed a plot a way around my mistake and started compensating for it.

New project = a good thing.

No comments: