Monday, March 20, 2006

stitching blogger's question 3/17/06

Do you stitch “over one?” If so, describe your experiences. If not, have you considered it?

LOL
I took 2 SOXS classes in 1997 - one with Paula of Crossed Wing in which we did birds silk on silk gauze - and one with Maureen Appleton - a lily design on 40ct fabric. These were my first exposures to the pleasures of over one. Loved it. Still love it.

After making many bird pins on silk gauze, I moved on to a Heart's Content kit - After Sorrow Comes Joy. Ah. A solid sampler on silk gauze. I worked on this as an alternate to my largest project, the Newburyport Sampler. It was quite a contrast. My favorite place to stitch on this piece was in church on Sunday morning while the choir was rehearsing. The minister would always stop and check my progress and offer to buy it. Told her for $800 she could have it. It's still in my possession. LOL

From there I moved on to various over one projects. On silk gauze and on linen. Some crossed stitch, some petit point. My Celtic Christmas has her face and hands done over one. Looks so much better that way.

I only hope my eyes continue to permit me to work small. So far, so good.

No comments: