Friday, August 18, 2006

Cheers to the NESN Feed

Thank Bob we had the NESN feed the other night when Dennis Leary and Lenny Clark showed up in the booth. It was so funny we had to find it again on the web. NESN keeps making YouTube take it down - LOL. If anyone needs to look for this clip - try searching for Dennis Leary and Mel Gibson. I thought Jerry Remy was going to cough up a lung.

Today the evil empire comes to town for a five game stretch over the next four days. Tonight the Red Sox will either be in sole possession of first place, 3 1/2 games back, or still 1 1/2 games back. I'm rooting for the first possibility.

X-country continues to wipe out my son. As he was falling asleep in the recliner yesterday, I told him to go upstairs and nap. But no. He slept there for 3 hours while I played music, hung a pot rack in the kitchen, used the drill to hang shelves in the kitchen, vacuumed and in general banged pots and pans around making much noise.

Here's a recommendation for John Grogan's book Marley and Me. I should have known better than to be reading towards the end of this book at bedtime. Had me crying and all stuffed up so I couldn't breathe. But mostly the book is funny.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Dennis Leary is hilarious.

I couldn't get through the first chapter of Marley and Me without crying so I had to give it back to my cousin. (Everyone in my family has read and loved it.)