Wednesday, August 02, 2006

what the world has come to

At the car rental place yesterday they were out of regular sized cars. Agent asks if it's okay to upgrade me to an SUV. And spends the rest of his time apologizing profusely having to give me a Ford Explorer. I drove about 30 miles in it and I swear you can watch the gas gauge drop. LOL

My teenagers actually got up early yesterday to go mountain biking. They left at 8:00 a.m! That is amazing. Today is a day off, which is a good thing. It was already 80 at 6 a.m. But they think they want to go do this again tomorrow. I think they are nuts. And no warnings are needed about proper hydration, so don't bother.

Yesterday I finished reading "The Historian." That was good. Worth my time. Satisfying. Might be a better winter read, though. We went to the library yesterday to return books and I was going to renew this book, but the parking lot was full. It seems people do flock there to escape the heat.

I will spend the day crossing fingers that we don't have any power outages, because that would just be miserable.

No comments: