Friday, February 23, 2007

Stitching Bloggers' Question

What is the smallest count fabric you have ever used? Did you stitch over one? Conversely, what is the largest count fabric you have ever used?

I have stitched plenty 40 ct silk gauze and 40 ct linen. Only stitched over one on the gauze. I do have some absolutely to die for 50 ct Italian linen that I did an ornie on that I bought with no idea in mind and only bought small pieces. That was over two. And I'm not sure my eyes up to the task of using the rest of it, but I'm not giving it up. It feels so luscious.

Large count fabric is yucky in my book. Largest thing I ever did was this 8 ct of a lighthouse, really simple, came with a ceramic whale charm. I have done one piece of 10 ct with perle cotton. But I didn't enjoy it.

No comments: