Friday, July 20, 2007

Putting on the Brakes

$400 for brake job on the car

The other car probably needs attention, too.

Ah. Well. Soon - in a matter of weeks - both of them will at least completely belong to us. Yeah.

So I'm buying one last stitching thing. Then going on a stitching stuff diet. No new charts. No new kits. No new accessories. Exceptions are for fibers and fabrics - but can only buy what is actually needed for a project. And I've got so many projects already kitted up this should not be an issue. And one last exception - for EGA's Saturday meeting with estate and book sales. But I'm not buying anything just because it's there. It will have to be real steal that I can't live without.

My last stitching purchase before embarking on this diet?
The Daylight lamp on sale at Nordic Needle. The floor lamp with magnifier and chart holder in black.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

I always find I need a big splurge before starting any kind of diet. I am slowly coming to the realization that I am going to have to join you. The dude and I are working with the financial planner and the money for retirement has to come from somewhere. (The line for hobbies was very fat!)