Tuesday, July 17, 2007

stitching bloggers' question

What do you love to do that many people hate? What do you hate to do, but do anyway?

I agree with the blondelibrarian on the first part. I love French knots. And when I realized how much other people hated them, I loved doing them even more. I perfected my technique 20+ years ago when candelwicking was all the rage. Of course I do remember having some very sore fingers...I've even done a few hundred French knots with wrapped once with a single strand of silk as a filling stitch. No problem.

There is not much that I hate that I do anyway. At least in connection to stitching. If I hate it, I find a way to avoid it. I no longer stitch things for others unless I am in love with what I'm stitching. That takes care of stitching things I dislike. I don't mind backstitching - it goes quickly and you get to see a project come alive under your needle. Queen stitch can sometimes frustrate me, but I love how it looks finished and I don't totally hate it. I think that's as close as I can get.

No comments: