Friday, March 21, 2008

Call Me Irresponsible

But I had to answer the call of a certain piece yesterday.

I'm working on a model and yesterday I took a break from that and worked on my blackwork, Betsy, for a bit. But somehow working on the blackwork for any length of time, makes all the lines start to squiggle and refuse to make any sense.

So by 5 p.m. yesterday I had put in barely an hour's worth of stitching time when the lure of Martina Dey's Tsunami Charity sampler started calling my name.

I had purchased extra long scroll rods (28 inches) back in January to accommodate this piece because I'm stitching it over two, not over one.

I managed to get the fabric on the rods and stitch one whole needle's worth of floss before I had to stop to make dinner.

But that officially is now another work in progress. LOLM (LOLmanically)

No comments: