Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Been Doing some of the Usual

By the usual, I mean the usual stuff people around here do when family/friends come to visit them.

Last night we the Blues Alley Jazz Club in Georgetown to see the US Army Blues Band. They were magnificent. Afterwards we braved the drizzle to visit the FDR Memorial. Reading his words made me realize just how bitter the current state of things makes me feel.

Today it was breakfast in McClean, then off to the National Gallery and the Museum of the American Indian - mostly just for the wild food choices. I had cedar planked salmon with a side of a jicama, pineapple, and tomato salad and another side dish of roasted corn, asparagus and fiddlehead ferns. I love this place! And the Tres Leches for desert was to die for!

We relaxing a bit a home, then it's back in for more monuments by night tonight. At least rain seems to have finally stopped. Tomorrow more touristy stuff followed by a visit to the new stadium to see the Nats play the Mets.

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I love tres leches. It's my favorite. Some days I really miss L.A.

Unknown said...

It looks like it's going to be a nice day, and the Nats are coming home on a high note. I hope you enjoy the game tonight.