Monday, November 10, 2008

I Confess

NaNoWriMo combined with helping my LNS move is kicking my butt. Haven't stitched in a week. How can that be? Oh and did I mention the arthritis in my hands?

I will get back on track this week. With everything. That's the plan. And Monday is the day for plans. One of those sleepless nights last week, I woke up (yeah, I had actually fallen asleep. Not in my own bed, but on the couch in front of the TV) and there was an old interview playing. Tiger Woods on setting goals. IF only I could be so motivated.

And then there's this. Was talking with DH over lunch. See the NaNoWriMo goal is to write 1,667 words a day - that gets you to 50,000 in a month. And I mentioned Michael Crichton's obit in the Post said this man wrote 10,000 words a day. And had his first novel published while he was in medical school at Harvard. First reaction from DH was imagine if he'd harnessed that output for good? What? Sorry. Someone who writes 10,000 words a day does it because they can't not do it.

No comments: