Thursday, February 05, 2009

Three Amethyst Dreams in One Place

Today I brought my version, In the Midnight Hour, in to the shop for its trip next week to Woodlawn. It joined to other versions, one green/red and one a teally blue. Was so interesting sitting there stitching and then looking up and seeing how different it feels in different colors. Of course, I like mine the best. Which is good. I think I'd feel badly if I liked another color version better. Will there be 4,5, or 6 of these at the Woodlawn Needlework Show in March? I don't know. But I can't hardly wait to find out.

My framing choice was most excellent. Because I chose a frame whose outer edge was higher than the inner edge, it kind of directs the eye in towards the piece like arrows in the corners saying "look here."

I'm currently working on a hardanger piece. Got all the klosters stitched and started doing the satin stitch flowers. And I picked up Mirror, Mirror again. I've got till September to do this piece. A little a time and it won't feel like obligation stitching.

No comments: