Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just Thinking Out Loud

If any of you were following the post and comments over at the Stitch Bitch:

re: drinking alcohol and stitching.

I present the following...

I know that I can't stitch and drink. The alcohol slows me down. It is after all a depressant. And it increases the chance of creating opportunities for frogging. Apparently not everyone has this problem. I say, great for you. I don't drink and drive. I don't drink and stitch.

But maybe next time I'm thinking that I really should just pull out a piece of fabric, a hoop, and some fibers and play around with my needle to see what happens and my rigid, follow the rules side prevents me from playing, I will have a glass of wine. And see what happens.

Now I'm not advocating everyone go out and get drunk and use needles and scissors. I'm just saying, if you've ever thought about playing outside the box, but your inhibitions kept you from seeing what would happen, maybe this might give you a nudge.

(for the non-imbibers who are non-imbibers for whatever reason: no judgements please. I know of a group that nearly imploded over virtual offers of cabana boys and margaritas.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I'd forgotten all about the Cabana Boys. Sven is still around here someplace. Either Suzy forgot to recall the troops or I missed it.

Donna said...

You still have Sven??? Lucky!

Anna van Schurman said...

Wow, I'm impressed how much that little post got you thinking! Thanks.