Friday, July 03, 2009

New, Gentley Used Car

Ah. Finally solved the car problem of what to get to replace our 2001 Mazda Protege which we are handing over to our DD. Very soon. This is our "second" car. The one that makes it so I'm not left to mercy of my feet and public transportation. Not that I'm knocking public transportation. I just have occasional issues that make waiting for buses not a pleasure.

We found a 2003 Mazda Protege5 with only 42,000 miles on it. Black. Fog lamps, roof rack, privacy glass. Oh and it's a 5-speed and I'm happy to report that in 11 years I haven't forgotten how to drive a stick.

Problem solved.

Yeah. That means we don't need to waste any time on this issue this weekend.

So I can go and meet with my Friday afternoon friends.

And yesterday, some members of our displaced Thursday morning group met at my local Panera. Stayed for nearly 3 hours. I didn't get much stitching done. But it felt much better than staying home by myself.

As for the 4th, we have an invitation to a traditional cookout. And tomorrow evening it's either brave the crowds to view the fireworks on the Mall from the Pentagon. Or stay here in town and go to an outdoor swing concert. Hmm. Oh the possibilities.

No comments: