Monday, June 13, 2011

Desperation

Okay. I admit that I'm getting desperate in my hunt for the missing two pages and thread card. I'm starting to look in places where I stand little chance of finding my object. This falls under the "who put the remote in the fridge" rubric. Who knows? Might work...

Some photos from the weekend. Pam Darney, designer extraordinaire, of Guild House Samplers. 

Here's a photo of the linen and thread for the Hall Mirror sampler. The linen is a newer color for Picture This Plus - Doubloon. When I first saw this piece in person I knew I wanted to stitch it someday. Why had I never thought of making a sampler backwards? I've already got a mirror in the hallway just waiting for this one!

 


Even though the class was the Hall Mirror, I had brought this one with me. This is a design  Pam did for Carolina Sampler Guild. I bought the last kit she had back in 2009. I've changed a few things on the design because I have no connection to that Guild. Not saying what I am doing, but I started stitching it Saturday afternoon - it was a welcome break from all the canvas work I've been doing. 


7 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh yummy stitching.

As for the missing bits-- I feel your pain. And, frankly, I'd look in the fridge.... maybe even under it. :) Good luck!

Erica said...

Backwards sampler? Oh! So need to do this. What a neat idea.

You might want to stop looking for your stuff or go buy replacements. That's typically what causes it to appear. For me, it's usually the buying of replacement materials. Some days I think the universe just looks at me, shakes its head and then laughs.

Anna van Schurman said...

Backwards?!? Cool.

Bonnie said...

Love the Doubloon fabric. I have a piece in my stash. I will be beside myself with joy when Miss Pam gets her website up and running.

Bonnie said...

I love the Doubloon fabric. I have a piece in my stash. I will be overjoyed when Miss Pam gets her website up and running.

Unknown said...

Did she ever get website up and running?

Donna said...

Amanda Jayne, unfortunately the answer is no.