Thursday, August 25, 2011

Enough with the Disasters

Alright. It's not even here, but I've had enough natural disasters for one week. Now we have to go through hurricane preparedness?

It's raining out right now, just a little warm up to remind everyone of what's coming. No sunshine on our anniversary? Come on. I admit utter defeat in the face of rain. As much as my daughter loves a cloudy, rainy day, that's how much I hate it. I know it's necessary. But I want my environment to be like Camelot and only rain after sundown. 


Yeah. That's right. Today is our anniversary. Twenty-seven long years ago we got hitched in front of family and friends. This year, they tore down the building where we had our wedding reception. Who knows? Someday they may close the church and tear it down. Or turn it into condos. Or a bar. All interesting prospects. 

It's been an interesting twenty-seven years. I'm ready for twenty-seven more! I'll readily admit that I'm still a sucker for this guy. He makes laugh. He makes me sigh. Sometimes he downright drives me crazy. And I love him.


No stitchy gift for him from me. But he did identify something he likes that would look good above the new 50" television. It's Carriage House Samplings "My Home Town." As I already have this piece in my stash, the least I can do is stitch it. I need to find it and see if I have a big enough piece of fabric in the stash and then I can set about stitching it. Yes - the name Manchester will be replaced with the name of our home town. 


Here's one more NH photo for you. From the antique truck show in Barrington:


4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

Happy anniversary! That's a long time, quite an accomplishment.

CalamityJr said...

Congratulations! I know how great it is to be married to your best friend!

dixiesamplar said...

Happy Anniversary...and hope oyu have many more wonderful years to come.

Love the Scooby Doo van...awesome retro autos at that show!!

Carrie said...

Happy Anniversary!