Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Projects!

But first the weather report.

Sunny and hot. With humidity in the 90% range. 
Possibilities of afternoon showers.

Well. Someone got rain, but it wasn't us!

My first class was Sunday morning with Lynn Payette. This is Alexander Alligator. He eats, um, holds a pair of scissors. We spent the morning learning to iron. And not one of us needed the tube of Iron Off that the teacher brought to class. The left side is where his mouth and eyes will be which makes the right side his tail. The finishing demo looked easy. Let's hope it is!

Monday and Tuesday I have been living on the beach with Susan Goodman. This is called Life is a Beach. The first morning we spent learning to iron and painting. Hmm. I see a common theme here.

This class was tons of fun. We were a smaller group than my Sunday class and everyone had a blast. I do not think the photo does this justice. 

Tomorrow I have a class with Gary Clarke from Australia. This should be a very interesting class. If you don't know who he is, you can see his book here, Embroidery Illusions. 

2 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

Do you think he'll teach you to iron the opposite way? (And just for clarification, did you actually learn anything about ironing?)

Sara Leigh said...

I love both of these projects and can't wait to see more.