Saturday, September 10, 2011

The View from Up Here

Yesterday I picked up my roommate, my friend Barbara, from the airport at Ft. Myers and we drove to the hotel in Naples. We checked in and got to our room on the 10th floor with a view of the Gulf. 



We unpacked and got settled in and registered. Had dinner. Did a little shopping at the local grocery store. Somehow we managed to kill a lot of time. I only stitched two little letters on a piece before bedtime, but I did get to stitch.
This is sunrise off our balcony. The weather is perfectly atrocious. Nineties with high humidity. I walked through the mangrove swamp (on a boardwalk, I'm not that silly) this morning to get to the beach. I was dripping with sweat by the time I got back to the hotel at 9:30 a.m. For the past two days that I've been in Florida it has clouded by sunset and either rained and seriously  threatened rain. 


See the A & B? That's my stitching from last night. At least now I finish the border across the top without having to count the entire way. This is one on my Crazy January projects. I did leave the Quaker sampler at home. I can be strong.



No comments: