Monday, July 02, 2012

Gratitude Monday

I'm here to say how grateful I am to live in a community with the majority of the power lines buried in the ground. All around me, people have been without power since Friday night's storm. Us? We're good. 

In fact, I slept through the storm and woke up after it ended and spent a couple of hours downstairs watching the Method to the Madness of Jerry Lewis. Which I loved. I started reading the storm damage reports on my tablet in the wee hours of the morning. We've lost some big branches behind our house and a section of fence needs repairing. That's it. We're still in the midst of some brutal heat. 

I meant to post these photos a few weeks back and forgot:



 I had no idea that there was a Peeps store at National Harbor! File under LMAO!

I went and picked up my new sewing machine on Friday afternoon. Got it threaded up and sewed a straight line with it. And that's all so far. I can hardly believe it, but my 20 year old Brother was easier to thread. I'm thinking of naming it Janine. Yes. I'm grateful for this, too.

 

3 comments:

Cathy said...

A Peeps Store?!! Where was this! So funny!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're OK too. We were awake during the storm, but our only "damage" was to lose telephone/DSL service.

I have friends in Cheverly who lost power two weekends in a row. Ugh.

Donna said...

Cathy - Peeps Store is at National Harbor in MD - just across the Wilson Bridge from VA.