Thursday, September 13, 2012

Finished

On Tuesday afternoon, I did finish my pillow. I successfully managed to navigate the sewing machine, including having to remove the throat plate for the first time. Why do they put screws in places where no screwdriver can go? 

While I was successful in creating my pillow, I wasn't successful in bringing a photo here. Big non-surprise. 

I owe one photo. 

Okay.

Yesterday was an EGA chapter meeting with Catherine Jordan teaching us how to create monograms. About 10 years ago I had another class based on an article in Pieceworks on creating ciphers from your initials. I was pretty unhappy with what I created then. My initials do not play well together visually. So I wasn't that optimistic yesterday. 

By the end of the day I had created not one, not two, not three, but four versions. I am nearly there. Seriously, I am almost satisfied. From here on I think I will continue playing at this creation on the computer. Much easier to erase in my stitching program. 

I'm off to Thursday stitching! Enjoy this grand and glorious September day.

No comments: