Tuesday, July 02, 2019

March Class #2

 Mid March my EGA Chapter hosted Kurdy Biggs for her Creme de la Creme class. You could make it as a cube, a box (which is a cube that opens), or as ornaments.
I chose cube and it matters on the placement on your canvas so you had to make a decision right away. So hard first thing in the morning. These are photos of Kurdy's piece. No way am I that fast. There are three sides each stitched twice. Lots of Jessicas. Was it 240? I think I've purposely blanked that out of my mind. Lots of pearls. So pretty.

She teaches a great class and we all had fun including a dinner with schnitzel and black forest cake, or gateau if you watch a lot of the Great British Baking Show.

Also had the pleasure of being able to take her to the Woodlawn Needlework Show before bringing her back to National Airport. She had a ribbon on one of her own stocking designs. But I think she was more thrilled to see a piece of hers that someone else had stitched and entered in the show. Fun hanging with someone who views the world as potential needlework designs. Don't be surprised if someday she has a dodecahedron piece...

My piece has sort of languished since the class. But I have finished another Kurdy design since then. More on that later. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What an elegant class piece! It would have been hard to decide which to make. I probably would have gone with the eeney meaney miney mo route!