Thursday, September 03, 2020

September 3rd


I am still working a couple of days a week at my LNS. Right now, special order canvases may take 4-6 months. Wow. That's a long wait.

We have missing threads all over. Every thread order has back orders. I'm talking about normal colors like white and black and red and gold. 

Our new normal isn't pretty, but it's working. People are stitching who haven't in decades. Brand new stitches are discovering us. Our regular customers are grateful for the ability to come in a pick their own threads. And we are grateful to see them. 

I won't lie. This isn't easy. Or normal. We're hot and tired behind our masks.

So I'm off next week for a little bit of time in the country with my DH. He's been working hard from home since March. And we both deserve a change of scenery. 

Maybe I'll discover some ancient needlework treasures. Or at least work on creating some new ones. 

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

We stitchers appreciate all the work, trust me!