Sunday, May 30, 2021

Moving Along

In 2013, the Loudoun Sampler Guild started a mystery band sampler. Betsy Morgan was the organizer of this project and every month for a year we got a new band designed by one of our members.

I designed band #2, the bargello one. The quote is part of a Monet quote.

So for the first months, I moved right along with this piece. But eventually I fell behind and by the time I got to my design your own band, I had an idea involving Boston Bars. Then I really got bogged down with the blue and light yellow colors. All the joy was gone. And there it sat, occasionally making me feel guilty.


Then in pandemic times, I pulled it out and gave it some serious thought. Decided the blue needed more color, even if that isn't typical of historical samplers.

Dusted off my plans for the salt box, birdhouse, barn combo that is unique to Portsmouth NH samplers and I just now finished that part.

Next up, my final band that I designed yesterday. It's already 28" long. 

2 comments:

BFromM said...

It looks fascinating. I would love to see the whole thing!

Donna said...

Photos of the entire thing are coming up when I finish!