Thursday, May 20, 2021

Only Six Years



Almost five years ago, I went to Seminar in Myrtle Beach and took two classes with Jennifer Riefenberg. The first Colorplay is the only class that I have ever finished right after the class. Yay, me. 

But this is about the second class, Radishes. There's sky above the radishes. The lovely red radish. And layers of earth that they are growing through. It's mostly flosses, some overdyed. A little bit of Kreinik metallic braids and beads on congress cloth. I did work on the piece after Seminar, but I stopped about halfway down the layers. 

This is part of a series, Carrots, Radishes, and Beets. (Side note: I have the other two projects in my stash.) Jennifer used similar techniques, but added unique parts to each. Each set of leaves is different. The Radish leaves are stumpwork. And of course we started a leaf in our two-day class. 

So I put my hands on this last month and decided to finish it. And woe is me. I've broken one cardinal rule. That started leaf, both fabrics and one thread have been separated from the rest of the kit. I know I've had my hands on it at least once or twice. 

My fear was that I had tossed it out. But that spool of Soie isn't in my stash. This means that this probably tucked into some "safe" spot. So safe that I can't find it. 😂
 

 


4 comments:

Sara Leigh said...

How upsetting about the leaf. I really love her vegetable series, but I never tackled one because I'm pretty sure it would be sitting in my cabinet of WIPs, looking at me reproachfully.

Donna said...

Did you know that there are coaster size handpainted canvases of Jennifer's vegetables?

BFromM said...

Yes, the old "SAFE" place. And keeping parts of a project all together. I took an online class in 2018/2019 that I never started. The parts got separated, because I was swapping out an accent color. Several months ago, the pieces found their way back together, and I started the project a couple of weeks ago when I finished something. I was stitching along, when I couldn't find one of the black metallic threads. Then I remembered that I had recently found a black metallic thread all by itself, and I had put it in a "SAFE" place. I poked around in several safe places, and then I tried one more, and I found the thread!

So, I am sending you "find your thread in the safe place" vibes.

Donna said...

May your good vibes rescue me!