Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

The Stitcher's Five has changed to a single question of the week. Good idea.

This week we have:
How do you choose a project? What "calls" to you the most?

The simple answer is whatever thrills me at the moment. Which would account for the size of the stash. I do have a weakness for samplers. I hate cute. I am attracted to nearly every design done in autumn colors.

Then when it comes time to pick new projects from my stash to put into rotation, I sometimes pick by size. If I'm working too many large projects, I pick something small that will give me gratification for finishing it.

Walking around Yankee Cross Stitch yesterday I was mostly looking at the models instead of the books. A finished piece calls to me when the colors are pleasing, the design is unique, or the artistry of the piece is exceptional.

No comments: