Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Lesson Learned

It is impossible to drive into D.C. to view the cherry blossoms at sunset.
Next year, I will take the Metro.

Big fat duh!

Thought I had it planned out great, didn't know they detour you from Independence Ave. and only option to go north on the Rock Creek Parkway driving on the wrong side of the road! That was a big surreal. Once DS and finally got off the Rock Creek, it took 1 1/2 hours to go south back to Constitution Ave. By then it was too late. Left D.C. for Falls Church and stop to get a treat at the Frozen Dairy Bar.

Painting Update

But I did get the 2nd and 3rd coats of paint on walls underneath the kitchen cabinets. Got 2 coats on the soffits. Definitely needs 3 coats. Four might look even better. Decided not to paint the wall around the sliding door red. It will remain white. Now I have 4/5ths of a can of primer. I guess I'll save it for the day I decide I no longer want a red kitchen?

No comments: