Sunday, April 08, 2007

stitching bloggers' question

How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?

The thing that turns me off the most is inconsistent posting. If you aren't going to blog for weeks at a time, I'm going to stop reading.

I used to read through close to 30 blogs which didn't take that long as I'm a fast reader. Had them all linked on my blog. Then I lost them all. And I am apologizing for not fixing that after - what? - more than 2 years? Sometimes I would get sidetracked by external links, but that was more than half the fun.

Do I mind reading the personal stuff? Nope. It just reminds me of the quilting bee phenomenon. Get people together doing the same thing, and they will talk about their lives. It's sociable. And frequently humorous. And enlightening.

Do I worry about whether or not my own blog is an example of what I like to read? Heck, no. I freely admit to writing here just for my own purposes. I'm not looking for approval. Nevertheless do I try to be entertaining - certainly. I am just looking for my voice.

No comments: