Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Skill

Here's something I've never done before and now I have. Insulated a wall.

We had these two holes in our office wall from late last winter where the pipe to outside faucet froze. Now we have one big hole. But the drywall is cut, thanks to DH. And on Monday I caulked the cracks, insulated the pipe, and put insulation in the wall. This would have easier without the pipe and electrical outlet, but I managed. Yesterday I moved out the bookcases and CD cases and all their contents. We need to put up the drywall, prime it, and then I can move on to painting the room.

When handling insulation, especially if you are cutting it to fit, do as they recommend. Wear long sleeves, gloves, face mask, and protective eye wear.

World Series, Baby

Ah. The joy of knowing the season isn't over yet.

No comments: