Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Stitching Bloggers Question

Do you currently subscribe to any stitching publications or have you in the past? (Either in print or online) If so, which ones?

Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly is the only magazine for which I currently have a subscription. Oops. I forgot the Gift of Stitching which I get online.

In the past: Fine Lines, Needlewords, Cross Stitch Sampler, Just Cross Stitch, Cross Stitch and Needlework

I might be missing something here. Hmm. Plus I collected older magazines via Ebay, etc.

Today this is what I buy when I find them: Stitch - the British guild magazine and Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading

Plus: if they interest me - Piecework, Mary Hickmott's Stitches and New Stitches

Insert broken record here: Why can't American publishers meet the quality standards set by the British magazines?

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

Really? I think the British magazines are just as bad. Let's not forget who invented stitching the B-list celebrity face. I'm looking at the Dude's people.