Friday, August 07, 2009

Living in the Past

(A little Jethro Tull to start the day anyone?)

Been combing through old photos and boxes of memorabilia. Mostly trying to pull old stuff about our community theater group from the 70s and 80s. I think I'm still missing some programs and I would have sworn I had some actual scripts. Why? Because months ago I started a group on facebook specifically for this group of people. And in a case of if you build it, they will come, my group has found some members. Initially it was just my husband and I who belonged.

We became a couple because of this group. Someone had to drop out of the first show and he was asked if he'd like to do it. Two years later after the two of us being cast as husband and wife, then boss and confidential secretary, then newlyweds, it was nearly inevitable. We'd spent a lot of time on stage and off stage together.

It's summer. It's Old Home Weekend back in New Hampshire. Must be time for our summer musical...

In Stitching News


Bought canvas and stretcher bars for Woven Ribbons #3. Also pulled out a hand painted canvas to start. But first I'd better finish this gift that is a birthday present in September.

While shopping for canvas and stretcher bars I also picked a My Favorite Laying Tool. Haven't used it yet. Review to follow. Also some pretty, pretty Glorianna. Just a couple of skeins. I couldn't resist. It followed me home...

And then lastly. While waiting for my friend who was shopping with me...I started pulling out drawers of Anchor perle cotton. And before I knew it I had a selection of fibers in brown in my hot little hands. And all I could think of was Chocolate Soup. So there is a name for a design.

No comments: