Monday, October 26, 2009

A Finish




Michael Boren's "Starry, Starry Night" - I only made one small change. I didn't like the beads in the corners and just continued with the silk. And speaking of silk, this is Vicki Clayton's Hand-Dyed. The color name is Magpie Tears which is a brilliant name. But I'm still unimpressed with her silks. Oh yeah, I did make another change - I used 4 strands instead of the called for 3. I just needed more coverage. All in all, I'm happy with it. Going to be an ornament. Will probably make a few more. I've got a couple of exchanges to participate in...

I'll give a longer report on the Kimberly Servello class another time...suffice it to say I finished Starry, Starry Night at 1:00 a.m. Sunday. I shouldn't have had that cup of coffee after dinner. When my alarm went off in the morning, I managed to knock it on the floor, but also turn on the TV and for some reason these TVs came on at a loud volume. I hit the floor and scrambling frantically to turn things off. No snooze alarm for me. File this under reasons why I don't do roommates...



Found this trivet in an antique shop in Culpeper for $1.00. I love it when they use the Xs of cross stitch as a design element.

No comments: