Saturday, October 17, 2009

Me and Elvis



I think this photo was taken a couple of years ago. My hair is much longer now.
But I was just browsing DH's laptop and found this. This cat is such a unique personality. He usually has very set habits, but this morning Elvis seemed rather out of sorts. First I found him in the powder room. Then I found him in the laundry/storage room. Then he was milling about meowing like something was wrong. I think he's as tired of the rain as I am.

I have to tell you about my class today. It was how to turn a bra into a purse. There were eight students plus the teacher meeting at one of our local fabric stores. Before the day was done we had nearly all the clerks and even some of the customers popping in to see what we were doing. (Yes, this was through my one of my local EGA chapters.) We all had purchased very different bras and had very different ideas on what to do. We started by removing straps and any fabric we deemed excess. Our teacher had recommended we purchase at least a C cup with wire. Then we decided whether the wire was going to be on the bottom or at the opening. Then we got to go shopping to add to the embellishments that we brought. We had a tremendously hysterical time - that's how we attracted attention - we were all laughing so hard. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a needle in my hand. All of us left with our projects in progress with plans to use them at the December luncheon. It was joyous enough for me to forget how gray and dreary and absolutely miserable it was outside.

P.S. If you want to see some photos, just google search bra purses. You'll find ideas and photos. Some are quite amazing.

1 comment:

Anna van Schurman said...

But we want to see yours! Even in its prefinished state!